Mac Pro 3.5GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 processor #MD878LL/A
- Item Number:
- Vendor Number:
- 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 ECC memory
- 256GB PCIe-based flash storage
- Dual AMD FirePro D500 with 3GB GDDR5 VRAM each
- Keyboard and Mouse sold separately
Mac Pro at a glance.
Stunning new design.
Mac Pro is the professional desktop computer reinvented from the inside out. Arranging the most advanced technologies available around a unified thermal core allowed Apple to make this the most powerful and expandable Mac ever, yet also unbelievably compact and quiet.
Powerful multicore processors.
The new Mac Pro features the latest Intel Xeon E5 processor, with up to 12-core processing power and a four-channel memory controller providing up to 60GB/s of memory bandwidth, all on a single die. And with 40 lanes of PCI Express gen 3 throughput, up to 30MB of L3 cache, and over 500 gigaflops at peak performance, you'll never be at a loss for speed.
Dual workstation-class GPUs.
Every new Mac Pro comes standard with dual AMD FirePro workstation-class GPUs, each with up to 6GB of dedicated VRAM and 2048 stream processors, providing up to 264GB/s of memory bandwidth and up to 3.5 teraflops. That's enough power to edit full-resolution 4K video while simultaneously rendering effects in the background - and still connect up to three 4K displays.
Faster PCIe-based flash storage.
Next-generation PCIe-based flash storage is up to 2.4 times faster than SATA-based solid-state drives and up to 10 times faster than a 7200-rpm SATA hard drive. So booting up, launching apps, even opening massive files happens in, well, a flash.
Build your dream workstation - without being limited to the space inside the enclosure. Thunderbolt 2 delivers throughput of up to 20Gb/s to each external device. And since each Thunderbolt 2 port allows you to daisy-chain up to six peripherals, you can connect massive amounts of storage, add a PCI Express expansion chassis, and work with the latest 4K displays.
What's in the box
- Mac Pro
- Power cord
- Keyboard and mouse sold separately
Custom configurations of the Mac Pro are available- give us a call!
- 6-core, 8-core, or 12-core processing
- Dual AMD FirePro GPUs with up to 6GB of GDDR5 VRAM each
- Up to 64GB 1866MHz DDR3 ECC memory
- PCIe-based flash storage up to 1TB1
- Final Cut Pro X, Logic Pro X, and Aperture
Environmental Status Report
Mac Pro is designed with the following features to reduce environmental impact:
- Meets ENERGY STAR Version 6 requirements
- Rated EPEAT Gold5
- Highly recyclable aluminum enclosure
Apple takes a holistic view of materials management and waste minimization. Learn more about how to recycle your Mac.
1. 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = 1 trillion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
2. Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
3. Requires Internet access. 802.11ac is based on an IEEE draft specification.
4. Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are free on the Mac App Store for qualifying Mac computers purchased on or after October 1, 2013. OS X Mavericks required. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID.
5. Mac Pro achieved a Gold rating from EPEAT in the U.S. and Canada.
6. PVC-free power cord available in all regions except India and South Korea.