Apple Mac mini Aluminum Unibody CTO Quad-Core Intel Core i7/2.3 GHz
- Item Number:
- Vendor Number:
- 4GB Memory- 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM (2x2GB)
- Upgraded to 1TB Fusion Drive
- Thunderbolt port
- FireWire 800 port
- Four USB 3 ports
- HDMI port
- SDXC card slot
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- no modem or keyboard or optical drive or mouse included
Mac mini features third-generation Intel Core processors, faster integrated graphics, Thunderbolt, and plenty of ports.
With third-generation Intel Core processors, Mac mini keeps up with computers twice its size. You can choose a 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5. Or go for an even more powerful 2.6GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 for up to two times the performance of the previous-generation dual-core Mac mini.1
When you're using processor-intensive applications, Turbo Boost 2.0 increases the clock speed up to 3.6GHz. Hyper-Threading lets each core run two threads, so OS X multitasks even more efficiently. And an integrated memory controller connects fast 1600MHz memory directly to the processor, so it gets right to work on your data. In short, Mac mini is a little box of vroom.
Intel HD Graphics 4000 delivers up to 65 percent more pixel-pushing performance than the previous generation of integrated graphics.2 So the video you watch and the games you play are smoother and more responsive. Flipping through photo albums is a breeze. And you've got all the power you need to edit your HD video into a film worthy of a red carpet premiere.
More and Better Storage
Mac mini comes standard with either a 500GB or 1TB 5400-rpm hard drive.3 So you can pack in your photo libraries, movies, music, files, and more, more, more.
You can configure your Mac mini with up to 256GB of flash storage in a solid-state drive instead of a traditional hard drive. Flash storage delivers nearly five times the performance of a disk drive4... speed you'll notice when you boot your Mac mini, launch an app, or browse your photo library.
Introducing Fusion Drive
Mac mini also offers a breakthrough storage option, called Fusion Drive, which combines a 1TB hard drive with high-performance flash storage... 128GB worth. Fusion Drive automatically and intelligently manages your data so that frequently used apps, documents, photos, and other files stay on the faster flash storage, while infrequently used items move to the hard drive. You'll enjoy shorter boot times, and as the system learns how you work, you'll see faster application launches and quicker file access. Best of all, you don't have to do a thing to make it happen.
Add memory with a twist
Mac mini comes with 4GB of fast 1600MHz DDR3 memory. And thanks to a removable bottom panel, it's easy to add more. Just give it a twist, and you're in. Pop your new memory into the SO-DIMM slot, and you're out. Or you can configure your Mac mini with up to 16GB of memory from the start.
The fastest, most versatile I/O in any desktop, of any size. Thunderbolt technology in Mac mini is phenomenally fast. It features two 10-Gbps channels for data transfer. That's up to 12 times faster than FireWire 800 and up to 20 times faster than USB 2. But beyond speed, Thunderbolt gives you unprecedented expansion capabilities. You can daisy-chain as many as six Thunderbolt devices... including two Apple Thunderbolt Displays... to a single port. And since Thunderbolt is based on DisplayPort technology, Mini DisplayPort devices like the Apple LED Cinema Display plug right in, too.
As powerful as Thunderbolt is, it's just one of your options. If you have a third-party display, for instance, you can use the HDMI port and the HDMI to DVI Adapter that comes with Mac mini to connect it. You can even connect two displays to see more of your photos, movies, and documents at the same time. A built-in SDXC card slot makes it easy to import those photos and videos from your digital camera, and the FireWire 800 port works with a wide array of storage, audio, and video devices.
With USB 3 built into Mac mini, you can connect your external hard drive and transfer large files in seconds instead of minutes. Every Mac mini comes with four USB 3 ports... with speeds up to 10 times faster than USB 2... and you can connect all your USB-compatible devices, including your iPhone, iPad, iPod, or digital camera.
The latest 802.11n wireless technology is built into every Mac mini.5 It automatically locates your Wi-Fi network, so you can connect and start surfing the web, printing, and streaming your music wirelessly. Bluetooth wireless technology is also built in, so you can connect accessories such as a wireless keyboard and mouse.
It's easy to connect Mac mini to the biggest screen in the house... your HDTV... courtesy of a built-in HDMI port. All it takes is one HDMI cable to start enjoying movies and TV shows from iTunes, surfing the web, and flipping through your photo library, all in brilliant HD. There's also a handy control that lets you adjust the output on Mac mini to fill even the biggest HDTV screen. And when you just want to listen to music, you can play your entire iTunes collection through your home entertainment center, or stream it to a set of speakers in any room via an AirPort Express Base Station.
Plug your own display, keyboard, and mouse into Mac mini. Turn it on. And just like that, everything works together. That's one of the great things about Mac mini. You can mix and match it with almost anything.
1. Testing conducted by Apple in October 2012 using preproduction 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7-based Mac mini units and shipping 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5-based Mac mini units, all configured with 4GB RAM. Modo test files: BathFaucet.lxo and Couch.lxo. Performance tests are conducted using specific computer systems and reflect the approximate performance of Mac mini.
2. Testing conducted by Apple in October 2012 using preproduction 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5-based Mac mini units with Intel HD Graphics 4000 and 512MB graphics memory, and shipping 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5-based Mac mini units with Intel HD Graphics 3000 and 384MB graphics memory, all configured with 4GB RAM. Portal v(5042)(620) tested using LaserStairs.dem, medium graphics quality, no anti-aliasing, trilinear anisotropic filtering, at 2560x1440. Half-Life 2: Episode Two v(4295)(420) tested using storm.dem, medium graphics quality, no anti-aliasing, trilinear anisotropic filtering, at 2560x1440. Performance tests are conducted using specific computer systems and reflect the approximate performance of Mac mini.
3. 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = 1 trillion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
4. Testing conducted by Apple in October 2012 using preproduction 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7-based Mac mini units with two 256GB solid-state drives and 8GB RAM, and preproduction 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7-based Mac mini units with a 1TB 5400-rpm hard drive and 4GB RAM. Testing conducted using Iometer 2006.07.27 with a 30-second ramp-up, 5-minute run duration, 512KB request size, 8 outstanding IOs, and 150GB test file. Solid-state drive system configured with one drive for the OS and the other drive for Iometer testing. Average rotational media performance calculated by creating the test file on the outer, middle, and inner sectors of the drive and averaging the results from all three measurements. Performance tests are conducted using specific computer systems and reflect the approximate performance of Mac mini.
5. Wireless Internet access requires a base station or other wireless access point and Internet access; fees may apply. Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort.
Dimensions and weight
- Height: 1.4 inches (3.6 cm)
- Width: 7.7 inches (19.7 cm)
- Depth: 7.7 inches (19.7 cm)
- Weight: 2.7 pounds (1.22 kg)1
- 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz) with 3MB L3 cache
- 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz) with 6MB L3 cache
- Configurable to 2.6GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz).
- 500GB (5400-rpm) hard drive2
- 1TB (5400-rpm) hard drive2
- Configurable to a 256GB solid-state drive or 1TB Fusion Drive.
Graphics and Memory
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- 4GB (two 2GB) of 1600MHz DDR3 memory- configurable to 8GB or 16GB.
- Thunderbolt digital video output
- Native Mini DisplayPort output
- DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter (sold separately)
- VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (sold separately)
- Dual-link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter (sold separately)
- Audio line in minijack (digital/analog)
- Audio line out/headphone minijack (digital/analog)
- HDMI port supports multichannel audio output
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
- Built-in speaker
Connections and Expansion
- Thunderbolt port (up to 10 Gbps)
- FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps)
- Four USB 3 ports (up to 5 Gbps)
- HDMI port
- SDXC card slot
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- Audio in/out
- IR receiver
Apple USB SuperDrive
- External Drive available separately
- 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking;3 IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100-240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase
- Maximum continuous power: 85W
- Operating temperature: 50 deg. to 95 deg. F (10 deg. to 35 deg. C)
- Storage temperature: -40 deg. to 116 deg. F (-40 deg. to 47 deg. C)
- Relative humidity: 5 pct. to 95 pct. noncondensing
- Maximum altitude: 10,000 feet
- Typical acoustical performance, sound pressure level (operator position):4
- Dual-core model: 12 dBA at idle
- Quad-core model: 15 dBA at idle
Limited Warranty and Service
Your Mac mini comes with 90 days of free telephone support and a one-year limited warranty. Purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan to extend your service and support to three years from your computer's purchase date. Only the AppleCare Protection Plan provides you with direct telephone support from Apple technical experts and the assurance that repairs will be handled by Apple-authorized technicians using genuine Apple parts.
In the Box
- Mac mini
- HDMI to DVI Adapter
- Power cord
- OS X Mountain Lion: The world's most advanced desktop operating system.
- Mac App Store
- Time Machine
- Photo Booth
- Game Center
- iLife: iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand.