iPod Touch 16gb Black & Silver 5th Generation / Mfr. no.: ME643LL/A
- Item Number:
- Vendor Number:
iPod touch at a glance.
Introduced on May 30, 2013, this model has the FaceTime HD camera and 4-inch Retina display.
It's ultraslim and ultralight. And it rocks the Apple EarPods, which provide incredible fit and amazing audio quality.
4-inch Retina display
More screen means more music, messages, websites, and games. And it all looks stunning on the Retina display.
Dual-core A5 chip
The A5 chip is powerful- and power efficient. Games are incredibly responsive and realistic. And you get up to 40 hours of music playback or 8 hours of video. (Battery life varies by use and configuration; see www.apple.com/batteries for more information.)
What's in the box
- iPod touch
- Apple EarPods
- Lightning to USB Cable
- Warranty: Every iPod touch includes 90 days of free telephone technical support and a one-year limited warranty.
Size and Weight
- Height: 4.86 inches (123.4 mm)
- Width: 2.31 inches (58.6 mm)
- Depth: 0.24 inch (6.1 mm)
- Weight: 3.04 ounces (86 grams)1
- 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Maps: Location-based service4
- Nike+ support built in5
- 4-inch (diagonal) widescreen display with Multi-Touch IPS technology
- Retina display
- 1136-by-640-pixel resolution at 326 pixels per inch
- 800:1 contrast ratio (typical)
- 500 cd/m2 max brightness (typical)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
Camera, Photos, and Video
- FaceTime HD camera with 1.2MP photos and HD video (720p) up to 30 frames per second
- Face detection
- Tap to control exposure for video or stills
- Photo and video geotagging over Wi-Fi
Input and Output
- Lightning connector
- 3.5-mm stereo headphone jack
- Built-in speaker
Power and Battery6
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Music playback time: Up to 40 hours when fully charged
- Video playback time: Up to 8 hours when fully charged
- Charging times: Fast charge in about 2 hours (80 pct. capacity), full charge in about 4 hours
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
- User-configurable maximum volume limit
TV and Video
- AirPlay mirroring and video out to Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation)
- Video mirroring and video out support: Up to 1080p through Lightning Digital AV Adapter and Lightning to VGA Adapter (adapters sold separately)
- H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
- Apple EarPods7
- Three-axis gyro
- Apple ID (required for some features)
- Internet access
- Syncing with iTunes on a Mac or PC requires:
- Mac: OS X v10.6.8 or later
- PC: Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
iTunes 10.7 or later8 (free download from www.apple.com/itunes/download
- Operating ambient temperature: 32deg to 95deg F (0deg to 35deg C)
- Nonoperating temperature: -4deg to 113deg F (-20deg to 45deg C)
- Relative humidity: 5 pct. to 95 pct. noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m)
English (U.S.), English (UK), Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
English (U.S.), English (Australian), English (Canadian), English (UK), Chinese - Simplified (Handwriting, Pinyin, Stroke), Chinese - Traditional (Handwriting, Pinyin, Zhuyin, Cangjie, Stroke), French, French (Canadian), French (Switzerland), German (Germany), German (Switzerland), Italian, Japanese (Romaji, Kana), Korean, Spanish, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cherokee, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Emoji, Estonian, Finnish, Flemish, Greek, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Cyrillic/Latin), Slovak, Swedish, Thai, Tibetan, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
English (U.S.), English (Australian), English (Canadian), English (UK), Chinese - Simplified (Handwriting, Pinyin, Stroke), Chinese - Traditional (Handwriting, Pinyin, Zhuyin, Cangjie, Stroke), French, French (Canadian), French (Switzerland), German (Germany), German (Switzerland), Italian, Japanese (Romaji, Kana), Korean, Spanish, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cherokee, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, Flemish, Greek, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Cyrillic/Latin), Slovak, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
English (U.S., UK, Canada, Australia), Spanish (U.S., Mexico, Spain), French (France, Canada, Switzerland), German (Germany, Switzerland), Italian (Italy, Switzerland), Japanese, Korean, Mandarin (Mainland China, Taiwan), Cantonese (Hong Kong)
1. Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
2. 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
3. Internet access required; broadband recommended; fees may apply.
4. For iPod touch with Maps, the Maps application provides your approximate location using information based on your proximity to known Wi-Fi networks (when on and available). The more accurate the available information, the smaller the circle identifying your position on the map. The feature is not available in all areas. Known Wi-Fi networks are predominantly in urban areas. In order to provide your location, data is collected in a form that does not personally identify you. If you do not want such data collected, do not enable the feature. Not enabling the feature will not impact the functionality of your iPod touch.
5. Requires Nike + iPod Sensor, sold separately.
6. Testing conducted by Apple in August 2012 and April 2013 using preproduction iPod touch hardware and software. The playlist contained 358 unique audio tracks consisting of content imported from CDs using iTunes (128-Kbps AAC) and content purchased from the iTunes Store (256-Kbps AAC); video content was purchased from the iTunes Store. iPod units were associated to a Wi-Fi network; all other settings were default. Battery tests are conducted with specific iPod units; actual results may vary. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced (www.apple.com/support/ipod/service/battery). Battery life and number of charge cycles vary by use and settings. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
7. Remote and mic not included.
8. iPod and iTunes are for legal or rightholder-authorized copying only. Don’t steal music.